Monday, October 26, 2009

Update from the Home Front

I am still in the process of finishing all the nooks and crannies of my apartment. (Moving and situating a new place is expensive- both monetarily and time wise.) The most recent thing I have been working on is getting my fabric ready to cover my chair and ottoman. The material I found for my chair was a great price, but it was missing any red to tie in the big red couch sitting in the same room with it. So, what I decided to do was to paint some of the flowers on the material red myself. This is what it looked like before:

And this is what it looks like now after my handiwork:

I was pretty satisfied with how well the red ended up matching the red of my couch. And I think it livens up the fabric quite a bit too.

All that is left now is to sew the covers! That is my project for today after work.

Slowly but surely, I am getting this apartment looking snazzy.

P.S.
Stay tuned for pictures of the kitchen buffet Bradford built for me. It is lovely and now I can actually cook without pulling out my hair or having to sit down with a cutting board on my lap in the living room... Bless him.

5 comments:

The Reese's said...

ooh exciting! i can't wait to see it all!

Courtney Rae said...

That's so fun and exciting... I'm on th edge of my seat awaiting pictures, dear Julie.

Kimberly said...

Yes yes...Julie the amazing. We can't all be you. It does look great though. I had fun last night! We should get together more often! :)

Brittney said...

Very Very CUTE!!!! Way to be creative

Taffers Dawn said...

I love the fabric! You did a great job painting it! That's so cute Bradford made a buffet table...awww.