Tuesday, December 2, 2008

♫ Let me show you the shape of my Heart! ♪

Its amazing. Whodda thought that Bradford was actually speaking truth all this time?! ;) Ok, I'm kidding, I always knew he was right but I just didn't give myself enough of a chance to truly practice what he preached. Do what, you ask? I'm sure you're all just dying to know. So I'll tell you. This morning, I finally woke up. Early. Earlier than just in time to quickly shower and scramble around to get ready before stumbling out the door to get to work on time. Early enough to wake up and work out (thank you Kathi for that intensified ab workout via the giggles, I think Tony would be proud) and afterwards I took a relaxing shower and *gasp* actually ate breakfast. Who knew those early morning hours were actually good for something? I'm happier today too. I'm not so tired, even though I woke up earlier than I would have normally on a day like today, I'm energized and I feel good. Not sluggish. Amazing...

Bradford found this really cool alarm clock that I think is part of the reason I was able to wake up and stay awake rather than fumbling for my phone and shutting off the alarm in the same second that I fall back into unconsciousness like I usually would do. I can't even remember what its called. Its ornj or citrus alarm clock or something... but anyway, you download it off of the internet and it links with the songs in your media player on your computer. At the scheduled time of wake up it starts to play the song (or songs) and it gradually gets louder and louder until you get up and turn it off. Its pretty clever. I put my laptop in the living room so I have to physically get up and go shut if off, increasing the wake factor. And it works! Imagine that. The only bad thing I've noticed (I've only used it twice) is that I wake up about 15 minutes before its actually supposed to go off. I don't know if its because my body is anticipating it and my subconscious just can't wait to hear the Backstreet Boys crooning me out of bed or if its merely a fluke. I hope it doesn't keep happening... because even though I was wide awake, 15 more minutes of slumber is always very much appreciated.

Today I had a good start, and I can see that a good start could be the difference between a good and a bad day. Now, tomorrow I'm planning for a great start.

***Here is the alarm clock link if any of you are interested in it for yourself: http://www.ornj.net/citrus/ it has a 30 day free trial so if you want to try it out I recommend giving it a whirl.***

4 comments:

Jenni James said...

WAHOOO! You go girl! LOL! I'm gonna sleep in! LOL! Aren't I awful? It's the only time I have to write--at night! hehehe! So I spend my nights writing and my mornings sleeping--okay, so not ALL morning, I do have kids! I think this is awesome though, keep it up!

Anonymous said...

See! I tole' you so! I need to follow my own iffin advice though. I've been a gumptionless turd-bomber lately. I'm so proud of you though!

Anonymous said...

That's such a good way to wake up in the morning. I've noticed the days I actually get up and do my workout I feel much happier and more energetic and everything as well. I just can't quite muster up enough energy to get out of the bed and stop hitting snooze...

Caitlin said...

Hello sisterita! You know something? I am actually VERY proud of you. After all those years of being absolutely terrified to wake you up for seminary...(okay, so just the one year, but you're scary in the morning...death threats and all!)
Anywho, I'm so happy that you like your new alarm clock. Fun stuff those alarm clocks. My friend has one that has four puzzle pieces and when the alarm goes off, it shoots out those four pieces and you have to put the puzzle together to turn off the alarm. Somewhat obnoxious but it works for her. And Erin's alarm clock is stinkin' hilarious. It talks to you in different accents, encouraging you to get up. It's fun.