Saturday, July 28, 2012

Drugged

Hopped up on Benedryl today. Why do I always forget that Benadryl knocks me out and leaves me in a surreal fogginess all day? I shan't take it again. At least not in my supposed to be waking hours.

I am in Kentucky right now visiting my family. My dad works in Australia and had to leave earlier today (and I missed him leaving since I was in a drugged induced coma) so I'm sad that he won't get to be around for the rest of the time I'm here. I sure do like him.

Yesterday, after my sister's open house at my parents' church, we went across the street to a Mexican restaurant for dinner. Thanks to the awesome thunder/rain storms Kentucky has been having, everything was super wet. And I was worried about my new shoes I just bought. 100% leather suede. And expensive to boot. The most expensive shoes I have ever bought, in fact. Naturally I was fretting over their safety like a mother hen the entire time I'd been wearing them (almost a manifestation that it's not worth it to buy another fancy pair of shoes ever again. Almost...) so upon seeing my distress, my dad swiftly scooped me up and carried me across the parking lot to the door of the restaurant. Though he mentioned I was not quite as light as the last time he'd done that (granted I was probably 8 then) he seemed to have no struggles and I was left feeling a little bit like my Daddy's little girl again. In a good way.


Thank goodness for Dads that set awesome examples of love, committment, and sacrifice. I would be much worse off in life were it not for my dad.

No comments: